Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My underwear? Oh yes, it's lovely.

I have a small addiction to love of nice under garments.

There I said it. And really, I suppose it would depend on who you asked as to which words are more accurate. If you ask Andrew for instance, he would probably say it was more to the addiction side. Then again when he is reminded that he gets to see it it's not so bad. And really, doesn't every woman love to have pretty underwear?

I didn't used to care less until the time came when there was someone else seeing it. Now I'm all about lace and matching and all that jazz. If you knew me in real life you would be shocked from reading that. I have never been a girly girl. Never. I wear a dress or skirt maybe 3 times a year.

But now, it just seems so right to wear nice pretty things. This doesn't sound bad does it. Well, I haven't yet mentioned Victoria's Secret. I absolutely love that store. Seriously. And I'm not even close to being one of those girls who is a size 2 and fits into everything as you may have noticed from the sidebar (which I haven't updated lately...).

Okay, I feel like I'm rambling here and I really did have a point I swear.

So, am I the only one this way? Is it going to wear off after we've hit the 2 year mark?

2 comments:

  1. I think the introduction of kids is when all that goes down the toilet. LOL But, as a bonus, you do get to step on Hot Wheels and little Polly Pocket accessories! I used to be addicted to the smelly side of Victoria's secret. I would hit up their 5 for $25 sales on lotions and soaps and sprays. I bought so many flavors I still have some! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way =) I was never particularly girly (seriously, I change into dresses when I take those belly shots because they look better in the end, but I wear jeans underneath because I feel naked) but I *love* lingerie. In fact, when I was married, my sisters planned a lingerie party. Everybody brought a set of lingerie in my size (but their style) in a brown paper bag and I had to guess which belonged to whom.

    Look at it this way: the average American woman spends $150 per year on nice lingerie. The average French woman spends (the equivalent of) $1,200 per year on nice lingerie.

    If being married and having kids doesn't knock the desire to be sexy out of the French women, there's really no reason it should knock the desire to be sexy out of us, right?

    (Clearly I will go to great lengths to justify my addiction).

    ReplyDelete