Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Contest Prize Named

I haven't posted anything in 2 weeks as you may or may not know.

I was thinking of just quitting entirely. I set myself up to feel such pressure to post everyday and then to keep up with my little themes: Weekend Re-Cap on Monday, Food Wednesday and Question of the Week on Friday. When there was something I really wanted to write about it seemed to fall on one of those days when I felt I had to go along with the theme and the next day I couldn't remember what I wanted to write.

I was at Fred Meyer yesterday (kind of like Target I suppose) and saw these journals and put them in my cart. I thought about them the whole time I was shopping. I have a blog. I started it for myself, no one else, as a way to document things and because I read a lot of other people's and like being able to share a small part of their life with them. In the end, I decided not to get the journals because I do have this blog. And really, does it matter if I post everyday or just once a week? Not so much. (Except for when I have a contest that ends on the 100th post...sorry about that.)

So, I am going to keep this blog going. For me. To be able to look back a year from now and see what was going on when I can't remember. Although I do love getting comments, I need to get over myself. It's not like I have the most interesting life, I know it's a bit dull compared to others.

The conclusion to my speel? I am going to continue to write, when I feel like it and have something good to say. Well, when I think I have something good to say...some may think that's never! And I'm not goint to feel any pressure to keep up with the themes I started. If it happens to fall on the day, so be it.

I hope that anyone who was reading occasionally will continue to do so.

By the way...this is post 93. We may make it to 100 and end the contest sometime this year! Oh, the prize is a $10 Starbuck's giftcard. All you have to do is leave me a comment and you're entered. There are only 2 names in so far so you're chances to win are pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment