Monday, September 21, 2009

Hawaii - Day 2: Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour

I know it's been months since we got back from our Hawaii trip and that I haven't been posting frequently at all, but I thought now would be a good time to finish posting Hawaii photos.

And, rather than posting them one by one I grouped them all together to make only one upload.

These are from day 2, Friday, when we went to Pearl Harbor and on a city tour of Honolulu afterwords.

Andrew really liked Pearl Harbor and probably would have liked more time there. I'd been there before and to be honest wasn't too thrilled about going back, but it was one of his favorite things to see so that was good.

I'm sure you know the history. Basically, it is the result of Japan's attack which killed many people who were stationed in the harbor. The city tour included going ot Punch Bowl where many of those killed were laid to rest. The view from the top of the hill was amazing. You could see the entire city of Honolulu which, as our tour guide told us, was just plots of rice patties 60 years ago. Hard to believe, isn't it? So, yes, that was day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment