Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Um, excuse me please.

I've mentioned that I'm doing my Second Attempt at the 30 Day Shred and well, excuse me? I weighed myself Monday morning at home, then just for nothing I stepped on the scale I have down here at school last night and apparently I'd gained 4 pounds. How the hell? Jillian Michaels, you are on my list! I do realize that there is probably a bit of difference between the two which I will figure out this weekend, but 4 pounds! THEN, I was a tad irritated this morning so stepped on again and it said I had magically lost 3.2 of those 4 pounds overnight. Yeah, I'm not buying it either.

It's a fairly new scale for heavens sake! I've only had it for a year and a half and put a new battery in it two weeks ago.

So what would you do? Just forget about the scale and meausre any weight loss by how my clothes fit? I do like that idea, but at the same time I like numbers. Seeing them go down that is!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard to go with inches. Measure your waist, arms, legs, etc. Look up online how exactly to go about it so you'll know how to measure the same every time. I think SparkPeople has instructions on how to do measurements, and even a printable measuring tape. I hate scales, they are so finicky. I mean, sure your weight fluctuates throughout the day (so pick a time to weigh, in the morning will be your lightest). Don't forget to drink plenty of water! If you haven't been getting enough water and you make that change, your body will shed some water weight which can give you a nice jumpstart of 3-4 pounds. Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete