Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Second Attempt

I am restarting Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. It is my second attempt. The last time I began I went two days, skipped a day, and then that led to just plain stopping. So, I'm starting again. Day 1 of the Second Attempt was yesterday and to be honest I was quite surprised at myself. I had only done it for two days in during the First Attempt and was dying afterwords for the remainder of the week, but today am not sore at all. Another surprise: I was able to do 5 push ups. I know, that's nothing, but I have never been able to do them. My inspiration is this:

(Picture from Victoria's Secret website.)
I am going to fit my damn ass into a bikini come hell or high water. There are also a few other things I plan to fit into by the time we leave for Hawaii, if you know what I mean. I have 3.5 months. It's possible, right? I mean, if reality all I need to do is lose 25-30 pounds. That is totally do-able, even for me, in 3.5 months. Granted, I won't look quite like her, it is my goal to be able to wear it proudly on the beach and for Andrew to think I look damn good.
In addition to re-starting the Shred, I also got a belly dancing workout dvd from Barnes and Noble that I'm pretty excited about. So, I'm hoping that between Jillian kicking my ass, the belly dance workout and 1 mile on each the treadmill and bike 4-5 days a week and eating well that I should be able to get rid of some flab and become bikini ready. Keep your fingers crossed.
Do any of you have tips or suggestions for losing a good amount of weight fairly quickly?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that's a fair inspiration. That girl clearly doesn't eat. Ever. I'll bet if they cut her open, they'd find she's been subsisting off of oxygen molecules alone for years.

    ReplyDelete