Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Post 96: Drawing at post 100 open to anyone who leaves a comment with a valid email address (only so I can email you if you win) for a $10 Starbucks giftcard.

Good Morning! One of the blogs I always read is So the Fish Said written by Beth. Her blog is written well and generally very funny and quite honestly I get a kick out of reading about her days with her kids. Today when her post came up on my reader I opened it and was surprised to find a meme of sorts. Yesterday she said that the first 10 people who commented on her post would be sent interview questions. Since there were way over 10 by the time I read, I didn't comment. So today she took pity on all of us who came after the first 10 posts and posted questions for everyone.

So, as she directed, I'm posting the rules:

The rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying you want to be interviewed. (I'll take the first ten or so.)
2. I'll email you five questions of my choosing.
3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. They will answer these questions. If they don't, you can post naked pictures of them on the internet. (I can help with the Photoshopping.)

Here are the questions and my answers:

1. Remember the movie Brewster's Millions? That happens to you, except on a smaller scale. You receive a million dollars that you must spend in 30 days. However, you cannot have any assets to show for the money at the end of the month (and you can't buy something and then destroy it), you cannot waste the money, you cannot give it away, and you cannot tell anyone what you are doing. How do you ditch the dough in a month or less?
I've actually never seen it, or heard it to be honest. Am I missing something good? Should I rent it?

2. You are locked in a toy store overnight, with no way out until it reopens in the morning. What do you play with all night?
Hmmm, I'd probably start with the play dough. It's just fun to play with! Then move on to anything big and electric, you know like the ride in jeeps or something like that. Not that I'd be able to fit in it, but you know. Let's see, after that maybe some of the video game things. Are there even video games in a toy store? I haven't been in one in years. I actually can't remember that last time.

3. If you could have a dinner party with any three famous people, living or dead, you would be wasting your supernatural powers on hosting dinner parties. What would you do instead?
First, I'll have to pick the people. Let's see...I think I'm going to go with just some famous everyday people: Jennifer Aniston, Jillian Michaels and George Strait. Why these people? Jennifer Aniston because I absolutely adore her and she's my favorite actress. Jillian Michaels because I started the 30 Day Shread yesterday (I'll talk about it tomorrow) and she's kicking my ass. George Strait because my mom loves him and I know she would just die if she was able to meet him.

4. What's the best thing since sliced bread? Now, sliced bread ain't all that impressive, so what's the best mediocre, hum-drum improvement or advancement that has made modern life just ever so slightly more convenient for humanity, along the lines of saving yourself five seconds every time you want a piece of bread.
I'm going to go techy on you: my blackberry. I love it. I love being able to get my email RIGHTNOW rather than waiting until I'm back at my computer. I love being able to send Andrew an email right when I want. I love having the games for something to do when I'm waiting for class, stuck in traffic and all that. It's just so convenient!

5. What's your best quality? The response to this question must be a simple declarative statement. You may elaborate on that statement, provided that your elaboration does not include the words "but," "however," or "although," or any other hedging, equivocating, back-sliding, gerrymandering (which is not at all appropriate in this context, but I think it should be, don't you?) or any other type of backing down from the simple declarative statement with which you began your response.
Gosh, my best quality. Without any backtracking? Sheesh. I don't know. I guess just being genuinely thoughtful. I enjoy doing things for people to make them happy or help them out. For instance, when it's Andrew's finals week, I send him a big padded envelope full of things to wish him luck: lucky boxers to wear on the day of his most difficult exam, some chocolate, a bag of sour patch kids (his favorite candy), a card, some powdered straws to put in his water to give them some flavor, and a few other miscellaneous things. I usually send him a card every week or so up at school, just to give him something to smile about that day. And if we'd done anything recently and I'd had pictures printed I include some of those. I just like to do special things for people when I know they need and appreciate them.

Okay, you're turn...leave me a comment (first you'll be put into the drawing and second you'll get some questions!).

1 comment:

  1. ... but I wanted to know how you'd spend a million in 30 days?!!!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete