Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Hello All,
Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month? I didn't either actually, but thank this lady for reminding me.
We actually lost my Grandma Rene last June after a 20 year hiatus from the cancer which then returned.
About 6 years ago my Aunt Cheryl was also diagnosed with breast cancer, but fortunately she has recovered.
Please just be aware of this month and what it means.
Please be suppostive of those who are infliceted with.
Please, most of all, support those who are walking for the cause and things like that.
My god sister Kirsten and her boyfriend Jason just completed a 5k last weekend in Chicago while my Aunt Marina participated in the Susan G. Komen 60 mile walk in Seattle. I am very proud of all of them for committing themselves to the cause.
Anyways, just please remember how horrible breast cancer is and that while there isn't a cure YET, there will be one day and there are many ways we can participate in making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment