Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Fair City

I was downtown Monday afternoon helping impound cars (because that's what we do) and as we came over John Street there was the Space Needle staring me in the face.
There are so many beautiful things here that I tend to take them for granted quite easily. While I don't live in Seattle, I do work there and at times it can be just gorgeous.

We have breath taking views of Mt. Rainier on clear days (yes, we do occasionally have clear days here) and it is a great place to go on a hike or just up for lunch to feed the squirrels...even though it's not really allowed...oops. It's awesome though, they just climb right up in your lap to get some peanuts and are overly adorable.

Just this morning I heard an ad on the radio for the Seattle Aquarium and stood there and thought, wow it's been a long time since I've been there. They offer tons of cool things...otters, tropical fish, sharks all those kinds of things. Although they don't have any large tanks, there is still enough to keep anyone amused for a good part of the day.

I'm quite ashamed to say that I have never been to the Pike Place Market. However, I have seen it on television and driven past it many times. How sad is that? Anyways, it's also a really cool place to visit. Just the fresh fish throwing is pretty amazing...those suckers would fly right past me before I caught one! The fresh flowers are delightful and some of the restraunts down there are delicious.

All in all, I'm heading off to the east coast tomorrow and haven't really even taken the time to scour the largest attractions in the state that are right in my backyard. I'll have to really work on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment