Saturday, July 26, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Andrew and I are going to depart Thursday morning for the east coast. More specifically: New Jersey; Philadelphia; Manhattan and Washington, D.C.

The main reason for this trip (and not going on our romantic weekend on the coast staying in a caboose...how cool is that? But, no I'm over that...) is to see Yankee Stadium before it is torn down after the season ends.

We are going to be staying with some friends of ours who live in New Jersey so our housing is taken care of. What I'd really like to know is what some great things in Philly and WA, DC are. We won't have much time in Manhattan unfortunately, so we have our stops there pretty laid out. I've been there before so I have some of what I thought the best places were in mind.

We'll have an entire day in Philly and have some things picked out, but aren't too sure what is really key to see. Andrew has been to Washington, to he has some places in mind, but again, what's something great? Not necessarily a tourist trap, but something to see when you only have a day to spend.

We're kind of doing the whirl-wind trip, but it works for us until we have more time (and money!) someday. Pretty much, a day in each town. Hopefully we'll have a chance in a few years to go back to NY and Washington and spend some real time. My biggest thing is that I don't want to waste the entire day standing in line.

So, if you have any tips or terrific places that are a must see, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment