Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Food Wednesday

I'm starting a new feature here at A Dose of Fabulous: Food Wednesday. (By the way, if you have any ideas for a better name, let's have 'em!) So from now on on Wednesdays I'm either going to post a recipe or feature an item I've found and am really liking.

The first item I'm featuring are Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes. I have always been a stickler for must-be-homemade mashed potatoes. These are very close to the real deal. The one's I'm making today are the Loaded Baked Potatoe flavor and they're quite good. I've also tried the Baby Reds and the Garlic Mashed. I think so far the Baby Reds are my favorites.

To begin, buy the product! They're very reasonably priced, $1.75 for a package which could probably serve 3 people.

Next, get a measuring cup and add 2 cups of water to a bowl. I think it's pretty obvious from the last time I made these that my measuring cup isn't totally microwave safe, but I used it again since it's already ruined.

Now, pour the contents of the package into the water and still until well incorporated.

Microwave for 4 minutes and this is what you'll end up with:

I always add salt and pepper as they're a little bland in the salt department, but overall very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is the same brand of instant potatoes we use! I have a blog post going up soon on how to make pumpkin empanadas.

    ReplyDelete