Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th.

Can you believe that it has been 7 years since that horrible morning of September 11, 2001? I remember, as I'm sure most Americans do, exactly where I was and how I was told. I was riding in the car with my dad on the way to my parent's business where I went before school, somewhat asleep in the car, and it came over the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade Towers. At first it came across as just a small plane, nothing major. It wasn't until we got to the office and turned the news on that we saw what really happened. A jumbo jet had flown into the building. A few minutes later, another. Later on, a plane crashes in Pennsylvania. We seriously didn't know when it was going to end, if it was going to end.

I ended up not going to school that day, mostly because like I said above, we didn't know if it was going to end. All we could do was stare at the television in shock. Unbelievable. Was this really happening? Of course it was, we were watching it.

My heart is with all the families that mourned that day and still grieve today.

1 comment:

  1. Surreal, isn't it? My clearest memory of that day was watching tv when the second plane hit and suddenly realizing that it wasn't an accident.

    ReplyDelete