Thursday, July 24, 2008

One Year of Fabulous

It has come and gone, so quickly it seems. Yesterday was one year of my and Andrew's being together. One year. It may seem like such a small amount of time to those who have been married for a decade or better, but it's a milestone for us.

If I hadn't been incredibly bull-headed in September of 2006, we'd be coming close to two years, but that's alright. I'm so delightfully happy with where we are now that it doesn't matter.

We met over four years ago in the pouring down rain, soaked all the way through. At that time he was with someone else, but they ended things shortly after that. We came to be such good friends after that that we decided to try the dating thing and see if that went anywhere. It did and it was nice, but we unfortunately attend universities about 65 miles apart and could only see each other on the weekends when we weren't studying and it just wasn't fair for either of us.

We still emailed and talked to each other frequently, usually many times throughout the week and I knew I was falling for him. Truth be told, I had already fallen for him. Hard. When school got out last summer we picked things back up and it worked. It worked very well. We made it through the next school year and here we are, a year and a day later.

It's been a long ride, let me tell you. He was in a major snowmobiling accident the end of December and was in the hospital for ten days and two major surgeries. I was with him the whole time and am so glad I was. We learned a lot about each other, we showed our strength and solidarity together and proved we can get through anything. Besides that, school takes a toll on us because we are apart, but a few surprise visits helped out a lot! I know in my heart and soul that I was put here to be with him and he with me. I truly believe that he is the best thing that has come into my life, he makes me be adventerous and really live. We bring out the best in each other and I love him with all my heart.

He is my love, my friend, my everything and always will be.



I love you baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment